China bans "娘炮", "sissy men", and mandates other cultural/political values in media
Directive from the government body regulating TV, radio, etc.: (via Google translate)
- Establish the correct aesthetic orientation of the program, strictly control the selection of actors and guests, performance style, costume makeup, etc., and resolutely put an end to "girly guns" and other abnormal aesthetics.
- Those who have incorrect political positions and who are alienated from the party and the country must not use [TV/radio]
- Broadcasting and television organizations and online audio-visual platforms are not allowed to broadcast idol development programs, and must not broadcast variety entertainment and reality shows attended by celebrity children [ie. Kardashians are banned]
- resolutely resist high-priced film pay. Strictly implement the pay regulations for actors and guests, and strict pay management notification and commitment system.
- Adhere to the correct political orientation, public opinion orientation, and value orientation, promote truth, goodness and beauty, refute false, evil and ugliness, and give full play to the role of value guidance
- The radio and television administrative departments must improve their political positions, earnestly implement the ideological work responsibility system